Announcements from 2020
- Diocesan Convention
- Day of Change Results
- Stewardship Notes for October 2020
- Just in time for the Christmas Season!
- A SEASON OF PRAYER FOR AN ELECTION:
- DAY OF CHANGE NOV 1!
- All Saints Day November 1, 2019
- Birthday and Anniversary Blessings in October
- Stewardship Notes for August 2020
- Birthday and Anniversary Blessings in September
- Birthday and Anniversary Blessings in May
- Updating the Prayer List
- No Holy Week or Easter Celebrations Planned
- Birthday and Anniversary Blessings in April
- Day of Change - Spring 2020
- Vestry Meeting – Thursday, March 19, 2020
- Procter Summer Camp 2020
- Stewardship Notes for February 2020
- Jasmyne's Solo!
- Worship at St. Margaret's March 15
- Birthday and Anniversary Blessings in March
- DAY OF CHANGE March 8!
- Kairos Cookies 2020
- Episcopal Visitation Fund - 2020
- Choir Offertory
- Day by Day Reflections
- Shrove Tuesday and Ash Wednesday 2020
- Vestry Meeting – Thursday, February 20, 2020
- Rector Search Committee
- The Rev. Dr. John Agbaje
- Bishop Breidenthal Visit February 23
- Stewardship Notes for January 2020
- Mark Kreutzer on Stage!
- Birthday and Anniversary Blessings in February
- ANNUAL PARISH MEETING
- 2019 Contribution Sheets
- Vestry Meeting – Thursday, January 16, 2020
- Stewardship Notes for December 2019
- Birthday and Anniversary Blessings in January
- Fr Mike’s RETIREMENT PARTY
On November 7, the Diocese of Southern Ohio’s 146th Diocesan Convention was held entirely by Zoom Webinar. Over 400 members of the Diocese were present, with the Bishop and his staff tuning in from the Cathedral. Although there were a few technical difficulties, every vote was counted and all voices were heard.
There were four resolutions on the table this year. R2020-01 was to agree to hold the Convention via Zoom, as our bylaws did not anticipate a global pandemic. R2020-02 concerned the Mission Share program; more details can be found on the Diocesan website. R2020-03 was a mental and spiritual call to nonviolence. R2020-04 is a promise made by the Standing Committee to the Diocese to keep everyone informed while they begin the long process of calling the next bishop of the DSO.
Convention was difficult this year as the fellowship between all the sister parishes is undeniably one of the most beloved aspects of the weekend. We did still see familiar faces, and the group chat that Zoom holds was only silent during debates. So although separated, the community of the DSO is as strong and alive as ever! During voting, attendees were also able to view the videos that were sent in from parishes; we are pleased to say that St. Mark’s video was shown first!
Diocesan and Cathedral staff presented a special resolution in honor of Bishop Thomas Breidenthal, who is retiring in a few weeks. Afterwards, the Bishop then bestowed on John Boss the position of Honorary Dean of the Cathedral, in recognition of all the work John had done for the various finance and budget committees of the Diocese.
All of the details of the resolutions and newly-elected officials can be found on the Diocesan website; you can also contact Dwight Cass, Carol Nancarrow, Katherine Wagner, and Elizabeth Wagner if you have any further questions.