Announcements from 2021
- LAY READER PRACTICE
- Birtdays and Anniversaries in July 2021
- FOR THIS SUNDAY
- Flag Day June 14, 2021
- Juneteenth 2021
- Birthday and Anniversary Blessings - June 2021
- Ice Cream Social Today!
- Flags for Heroes
- Canterbury Court Ministry Opportunities
- WANT TO SING AGAIN?
- Bishop Price to hold two final Zoom gatherings
- COVID 19 UPDATE
- A Message from Bishop Curry
- St. Mark's Softball
- Flower Sunday
- Diocesan Listening Sessions Scheduled
- Hope Floats:
- ONLINE GIVING
- A message from Presiding Bishop Michael Curry
- Spring 2021 Parish Directory
- April is Child Abuse Prevention Month.
- EASTER SERVICE and MORE!
- Gem City Ballet
- Meet with Bishop Price Online
- FROM THE NATIONAL CATHEDRAL
- The Easter Season!
- Holy Week Schedule at Christ Church Cathedral
- FORWARD MOVEMENT
- Sparkle Day 2021
- DAY OF CHANGE March 14!
- The Life and Leadership of John Lewis
- PALM SUNDAY and HOLY WEEK SCHEDULE
- Ready for some upbeat music?
- Forward Today
- Forward Day by Day Lenten Reflections Booklet
- Walking with Christ to the Cross
- Lent Madness 2021
- Keeping In Touch
- Birthdays and Anniversaries in February 2021
Flag Day June 14, 2021
Prayer for our Country
Book of Common Prayer, p. 820
In honor of Flag Day, June 14
Almighty God, who hast given us this good land for our heritage: We humbly beseech thee that we may always prove ourselves a people mindful of thy favor and glad to do thy will. Bless our land with honorable industry, sound learning, and pure manners. Save us from violence, discord, and confusion; from pride and arrogance, and from every evil way. Defend our liberties, and fashion into one united people the multitudes brought hither out of many kindreds and tongues. Endue with the spirit of wisdom those to whom in thy Name we entrust the authority of government, that there may be justice and peace at home, and that, through obedience to thy law, we may show forth thy praise among the nations of the earth. In the time of prosperity, fill our hearts with thankfulness, and in the day of trouble, suffer not our trust in thee to fail; all which we ask through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.