Announcements from 2021
- Ice Cream Social Today!
- WANT TO SING AGAIN?
- Bishop Price to hold two final Zoom gatherings
- COVID 19 UPDATE
- A Message from Bishop Curry
- St. Mark's Softball
- Flower Sunday
- Diocesan Listening Sessions Scheduled
- Hope Floats:
- ONLINE GIVING
- A message from Presiding Bishop Michael Curry
- Spring 2021 Parish Directory
- April is Child Abuse Prevention Month.
- EASTER SERVICE and MORE!
- Gem City Ballet
- Meet with Bishop Price Online
- FROM THE NATIONAL CATHEDRAL
- The Easter Season!
- Holy Week Schedule at Christ Church Cathedral
- FORWARD MOVEMENT
- Sparkle Day 2021
- DAY OF CHANGE March 14!
- The Life and Leadership of John Lewis
- PALM SUNDAY and HOLY WEEK SCHEDULE
- Ready for some upbeat music?
- Forward Today
- Forward Day by Day Lenten Reflections Booklet
- Walking with Christ to the Cross
- Lent Madness 2021
- Keeping In Touch
- Birthdays and Anniversaries in February 2021
Forward Day by Day Lenten Reflections Booklet
It’s tempting to see Lent as the time to try out a new diet or try on a new practice. What if we took seriously the opportunity it provides for us to repent, to acknowledge our sins, and to try to grow more deeply into the full stature of Christ?
We don’t need to be miserable to practice Lenten discipline. In fact, it’s pretty great to spend a few weeks intentionally working toward being more Christlike, to turn away from our worldly temptations.
One of our favorite resources, not only do they provide Forward Day by Day (both in hard copy and podcast), but the Jay Sidebotham calendar as well! Both are available in the Narthex; we’ll also be happy to hold a copy for you or drop one in the mail.