Announcements from 2021
- Afghanistan and Haiti
- GUIDELINES FOR IN-PERSON WORSHIP UPDATE
- Lift Every Voice and Sing!
- CRAYONS TO CLASSROOMS
- NEW GUIDELINES FOR IN-PERSON WORSHIP
- LAY READER PRACTICE
- Birtdays and Anniversaries in July 2021
- Stuff the Bus
- FOR THIS SUNDAY
- Flag Day June 14, 2021
- Juneteenth 2021
- Birthday and Anniversary Blessings - June 2021
- Ice Cream Social Today!
- Flags for Heroes
- Canterbury Court Ministry Opportunities
- WANT TO SING AGAIN?
- Bishop Price to hold two final Zoom gatherings
- COVID 19 UPDATE
- A Message from Bishop Curry
- St. Mark's Softball
- Flower Sunday
- Diocesan Listening Sessions Scheduled
- Hope Floats:
- ONLINE GIVING
- A message from Presiding Bishop Michael Curry
- Spring 2021 Parish Directory
- April is Child Abuse Prevention Month.
- EASTER SERVICE and MORE!
- Gem City Ballet
- Meet with Bishop Price Online
- FROM THE NATIONAL CATHEDRAL
- The Easter Season!
- Holy Week Schedule at Christ Church Cathedral
- FORWARD MOVEMENT
- Sparkle Day 2021
- DAY OF CHANGE March 14!
- The Life and Leadership of John Lewis
- PALM SUNDAY and HOLY WEEK SCHEDULE
- Ready for some upbeat music?
- Forward Today
- Forward Day by Day Lenten Reflections Booklet
- Walking with Christ to the Cross
- Lent Madness 2021
- Keeping In Touch
- Birthdays and Anniversaries in February 2021
NEW GUIDELINES FOR IN-PERSON WORSHIP
In accordance with the latest CDC recommendations and DSO guidelines, we’re ready to open up!
Beginning Sunday, July 4:
MASKS are not required; however, the CDC strongly recommends that if you have not been vaccinated that you continue to wear masks in crowds. We also encourage our parishioners and guests to wear a mask if they are more comfortable doing so.
SOCIAL DISTANCING restrictions are lifted: you may sit where you want, with whom you want. If you’d prefer to have some distance between you and others, please let the ushers know, and we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
At the PEACE, we ask that you stay in your pew rather than moving around to greet people. Those who wish to shake hands may do so; otherwise, feel free to wave, nod, or make the Peace sign with your hand.
COMMUNION will be distributed in both kinds. Since the DSO allows for full communion with intinction only, there will be a Eucharistic Minister on each side of the celebrant with wine in a shallow bowl, not a chalice. After you receive the Host, approach the EM on the appropriate side of the aisle; she will offer you the bowl to dip the Host. You may consume it immediately, rather than waiting to return to your seat.
BIRTHDAY & ANNIVERSARY PRAYERS: if you are comfortable doing so, please approach the celebrant for your blessing. You are welcome to stay in your pew if you prefer.
THE COLLECTION PLATE and BIRTHDAY BANK will remain in the center aisle for easy access
THE BAPTISMAL FONT will be at the back of the church, with Holy water in a bowl. Those who wish to dip their fingers in and cross themselves are encouraged to do so.
COFFEE HOUR will continue to be outdoors, weather permitting. If not, we’ll move it indoors to the Fellowship Room; this will be decided weekly as necessary. The DSO recommends that food items be individually wrapped, or directly served onto plates rather than share common utensils.
Hand sanitizer and anti-bacterial wipes will continue to be available
Click HERE for the current DSO guidelines.